scope option

timmyatnop

Ok i had Kevin Cram , build me one sweet looking 6 mm cm. Iam getting ready to start shooting it but i need a good repeatable scope. Had some stuff come up that took all my money out of my timmy fund . I have an old leupold vx3 one inch with target turrets. With Strait fine duplex
. Ok i was wanting a scope that has windage hash marks one moa or so. I cotacted leupold and they said . that they didnt have anything like that for my scope darn it. Should i just use my old scope and dial windage. I guess i better make sure its repeatable. Is dialing an ok method or should i start saving so i have somthing to put on it in 4 or 5 months what do u think?

Dialing is a fine method and so is holdover. I typically don't dial for wind because the wind changes so often. I try to read it and then hold off in mils or in MOA depending on my scope. Either method is find so long as you learn how to do it. I don't know what you price range is but I just splurged and bought a Sightron SIII with the MOA 2 reticle and I love it. If your scope is repeatable I think dialing would serve you just fine.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.