scope option

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by timmyatnop, Aug 17, 2012.

1. timmyatnop

timmyatnop Well-Known Member

Ok i had Kevin Cram , build me one sweet looking 6 mm cm. Iam getting ready to start shooting it but i need a good repeatable scope. Had some stuff come up that took all my money out of my timmy fund . I have an old leupold vx3 one inch with target turrets. With Strait fine duplex
    . Ok i was wanting a scope that has windage hash marks one moa or so. I cotacted leupold and they said . that they didnt have anything like that for my scope darn it. Should i just use my old scope and dial windage. I guess i better make sure its repeatable. Is dialing an ok method or should i start saving so i have somthing to put on it in 4 or 5 months what do u think?

2. jpd676

jpd676 Well-Known Member

Dialing is a fine method and so is holdover. I typically don't dial for wind because the wind changes so often. I try to read it and then hold off in mils or in MOA depending on my scope. Either method is find so long as you learn how to do it. I don't know what you price range is but I just splurged and bought a Sightron SIII with the MOA 2 reticle and I love it. If your scope is repeatable I think dialing would serve you just fine.

3. 42769vette

42769vette Well-Known Member

check out the vortex pst

4. gamehawker

gamehawker Well-Known Member

Ditto!

5. timmyatnop

timmyatnop Well-Known Member

Do u guys know if the vortex non pst are as repeatable at the pst?