Scope mounting on Defiance anti

Yes I am not talking about scope clearance it's the bolt clearance
I want to mount as low as possible

Seekins Lows are the limit, they are 2nd lowest behind the Ken Farrell low rings. I think they are .835", you should be able to extrapolate that out and pick a set that will work.

Here is the Defiance Tenacity with the Seekins rings and Vortex Razor HD LHT 3-15x42mm, plenty of bolt handle clearance.

I wish someone would come up with a swept bolt handle to screw in the bolt handle extension for extra clearance.
07EC93DF-38DF-4D87-9E3A-93B903F9B5CF.jpeg

Yes I am not talking about scope clearance it's the bolt clearance
I want to mount as low as possible
I think a good portion of us know that, we're showing you what worked for us with our specific optics, you could compare the eye piece diameter to the different ones we list to see how close it is to your optic. Sounds like it is on the larger side

Yes the Zeiss is pretty fat in the back
Especially the power ring
It is right at 1.8" dia.

I have .150" bolt handle clearance on an Anti using the defiance 20 moa rail and nightforce low rings, (.8850), and a 46mm eye piece (1.810).

Last edited:
I don't mean to hijack, but would anyone be able to measure the thickness of the rail from the bottom where it touches the action to the top of the rail? I'm trying to figure out if I need medium (1") or low rings (0.885") for a 50 mm scope (2.3" objective diameter) on a proof sendero barrel.

It's not clearance with the bolt it's the handle that hits the side of the scope.

Darryle is correct, I actually held that rifle and it will hit…to the point you can't get the bolt in it out of the rifle.
Gotcha. Wasn't so clear from the OP's posts.

On mine the bolt handle will hit the objective scope cap just a touch so it hangs up if the scope cap is closed. Pulling the bolt back releases the scope cap and then I have clearance to work the bolt in-impeded.

I did the talley one piece lows with every scope I had and none would clear the handle. Went to the highs and they clear dont know if the medium would clear or not. Wanted the hawkins but couldnt find.

On my ANTI L/A I used the Talley medium ring mounts with a 8-32 NX8. It barely cleared the ocular on the scope and was not able to mount the scope back as far as I would like. I went to the 20 MOA rail.

If you want to try the Talley Ring mounts PM me as I will sell mine.

My anti x rail is about 3/8,looks o moa.Bought new/used.Have about 7/8 mark 4 ring,w/mark 4 6-20x50

Recent Posts