Scope Mount ID Vertical Split

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by DennisPA, Aug 15, 2011.

1. DennisPA

DennisPA Well-Known Member

I was trying to put a new scope on a rifle last night and I ran into a set of mounts I'v never seen before. They were a vertical split ring, at the top was a small round cap with a undercut groove under the cap that the two rings lock into. The only screws to hold the rings were two set screws at the each base to pinch the rings. When the mount is completely installed the ring looks to be one piece. I'll work on getting some pics. Is there a name for these mounts other then the four letter words I was using last night? Thanks.

2. chas3stix

chas3stix Well-Known Member

From the sound of your description, I think you may have a set of Conetrol mounts.

3. DennisPA

Thanks that's the ones. I'm hoping their owners manual will have something to help with setting the plum. Because so far it's been a real PITA.

4. DennisPA

Just curious what is the opinion on these mounts? Are they worth the hassle or should I look into getting something else.

5. MT4XFore

MT4XFore Well-Known Member

Conetrol mounts and rings are excellent products, albeit somewhat pesky to install. Once done however, they give you a sleek projectionless mount.