Vertical Alignment between Scope/Rifle...??

Well said, I have seen a lot of folks mention "having confidence" in their setup being key to success in the field. I don't know that anyone has expanded on that but I'd love to read a well-written article regarding that subject.

Even if aspects of the setup are unconventional, it might work for an individual resulting in confidence and dead critters. I know that my archery setup is not as "capable" as some of the high dollar bows and precise sights with super long and offset stabilizers.....but I know that at 40 yards I'll get broadheads into boiler room every time. Even at 60 yards on bedded animals I know it's a sure thing. I can't "outshoot" a lot of folks, but on game I have confidence to make it happen every time.

Right now, I'm very confident and comfortable with my rifle. I won't be entering the field with any doubts, wondering if I should adjust things.
Practicing and knowing your current limits are key to success.

Well said, I have seen a lot of folks mention "having confidence" in their setup being key to success in the field. I don't know that anyone has expanded on that but I'd love to read a well-written article regarding that subject."

Ahhh, confidence.....without it, it doesn't matter what you have! There are several memorable hunts I can think of that when showing others the shot location, you can't see how you got a arrow there, but at the end the shot hit right where aimed. Confidence is you seeing the shot and taking it instead of looking for a shot. (You don't wonder if your arrow/bullet will clear that branch in its arc half way there....You KNOW it will or won't) I know a guy that during rifle season, will use his bow instead of a rifle if hunting where shots are under 60 yards.....why? Because he is more Confident with his bow over off hand rifle shooting! Strange to some maybe, but I know if you shot as many rifle rounds as he shoots arrows for practice, you would be one heck of a marksman. Shoot alot with whatever you have, and once you learn it, Confidence is what will put the bullet where it needs to go! The only way to build confidence is through practice, and repetitions in hunting type environments/postions. I'm sure through time, you will learn to compensate a little more, and your rounds will begin to fall spot on, instead of 3" off! ;) Good luck....go kill a bear!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.