scope level anti-cant recomendations

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by codyarnold, Apr 27, 2013.

1. codyarnold

codyarnold Well-Known Member

I'm looking to put a anti can't scope level on my scope and was wondering what brand or models you guys would recommend

2. Joe King

Joe King Well-Known Member

I have 2 of the vortex, one on a vortex viper on my 22-250, and the other on a Millet 4-16x50 tactical on my 7mag. I set them both on the far side of the parallax knob, with the millet I have to raise my head slightly to see it (big parallax knob) with the viper it's easy to see without breaking position.

3. codyarnold

I've seen that they have rail mounted levels and scoped mounted which ones are better cause if your rifle is level but you have your scope tilted a little bit it doesn't really work right

4. Joe King

You have to make double sure your scope is level with the rifle, which you need to do anyway for the system to work right.

5. codyarnold

What is the beat way to level the anti can't level to your scope

6. birddog67

birddog67 Well-Known Member

I used a target at 20 yards and I purchased one of these from Len at the long range store !

Accu/Level Articulating Scope Level By Flatline Ops

7. codyarnold

Has anyone used the flatline ops anti can't seems a bit flimsy on a bigger cal gun

8. Joe King

I have this set
    Wheeler Engineering Level-Level-Level Scope Crosshair Leveling Tool

I prefer to use the rifle level (it sets on your bolt race way) and plumb bob, you line up your vertical cross hair with the string on the plumb bob. Thats not always possible though, so in that case I just set the other level on the turret or turret cap ( a good torpedo level will work for that also).

9. Outlaw6.0

Outlaw6.0 Well-Known Member

I use the FlatLine Ops exclusively any more. I'm not sure how it could be considered flimsy but I can guarantee my 338RUM couldn't/didn't bother it at all.

Easier to mount & level than my Holland for sure & has been repeatable in both positions.

Go FlatLine, you won't be sorry.

t

10. codyarnold

Ok I shoot a 300 wtby and jut wanted to know if when it folded out you could handle all of the recoil

11. birddog67

birddog67 Well-Known Member

:cool:I have mine on a 300 ultra , no problems with recoil ,well made product. Flat line

12. codyarnold

That was my biggest concern was thy the bubble would brake up