Anti-cant level

goblbustr

Looking for a quality (not to be confused with expensive) anti cant level that is easily visable while in shooting position. It will be used with a NF ATACR 5-25x56 f1. Rail or scope mounted just as long as I can see it without lifting my head. What are your thoughts?

Flatline Ops Halo X Level
IMG_5995.jpeg

I splurged and got an MDT Send it. Expensive? Yes. But it's the best thing I've used for being able to tell that I'm level without taking my focus off the reticle/target, especially in lower light situations. Works great.

It doesn't really matter they all do the same job. Just make sure you true it and your reticle to gravity when you are setting it up.
Best way I have found is a plumb bob at 50 or 100 yards.

I have integrated bubble levels in rings (Hawkins) and a cheap Vortex bubble level attached to a scope. To be honest with you, the Cheap Vortex works as well as the integrated rings. The only issue with the Vortex is the possibility of it getting knocked off level in the field. I do like the Hawkins with the offset bubble level the best.

The best money I have ever spent on a level and, unfortunately, I've spent a lot.

Amazon product ASIN B0BGQQDBCG
Sometimes bling factor weighs into the price of an item or decision to buy which is totally fine and up to the end user if it's worth that or not. In this case they will not function any different. With the exception of Tubb used to offer one with a more sensitive level in it but it's been discontinued.

Plumb bob at range works, but I like to do everything in my shop. For that reason, I shine a bright flashlight from the objective end of my scope through the tube. It will reflect the shadow of the reticle on my side wall, where I have a plum string. Turn power ring down and it is perfect. I line mine up a hair off to one side, so I can see the hair sized break in the string to the shadow all the way down the vertical reticle line.

As for the level, as stated above, many of the cheaper ones are fine for what we do, I like mine on the left side of the tube, just in front of my power ring. I shoot a bipod 99% of the time, so once I have my gun level in the bi-pod on the bench, I don't need to reference the level anymore as my bi-pod is then locked in tight at level.

Last edited:
Plumb bob at range works, but I like to do everything in my shop. For that reason, I shine a bright flashlight from the objective end of my scope through the tube. It will reflect the shadow of the reticle on my side wall, where I have a plum string. Turn power ring down and it is perfect. I line mine up a hair off to one side, so I can see the hair sized break in the string tot he shadow all the way down the vertical retical line.

As for the level, as stated above, many of the cheaper ones are fine for what we do, I like mine on the left side of the tube, just in front of my power ring. I shoot a bipod 99% of the time, so once I have my gun level in the bi-pod on the bench, I don't need to reference the level anymore as my bi-pod is then locked in tight at level.
I've tried the flashlight thing and could never get enough light for the image to project well enough. I've hung a plumb in the shop and tried looking through the scope but realized once at range the reticle wasn't plumb and had to adjust so I just wait until the range now.
I keep mine ahead of my turrets. I can pick it up with my off eye super easy while behind the optic

Looking for a quality (not to be confused with expensive) anti cant level that is easily visable while in shooting position. It will be used with a NF ATACR 5-25x56 f1. Rail or scope mounted just as long as I can see it without lifting my head. What are your thoughts?
You might check in with Ward at Sniper Tools Design Co. https://www.snipertools.com/
I've had a lot of luck with his product over the years. Good luck Cheers