Scope got knocked; Has it spoiled your hunt?

Have you lost zero in the field:

• Yes

Votes: 43 29.7%
  • No

Votes: 75 51.7%
  • Yes, lost an animal because of it!

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • Yes, but switched to the iron sights

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other: please explain

Votes: 12 8.3%

• Total voters
Wow everybody, thank you for the stories! Avoiding horses seeks to be the single best thing, ha.

I've determined that I will be selling a rifle to pick up a NF for this rifle. An SHV will be the top end of what I can swing, though.
More cost and more weight but it's worth every ounce and every penny to me to have a tough, reliable scope. The L VX6HD I bought for a custom ultralight rifle was the last L product I'll try. The NF that replaced it has never failed to hold and return to zero.

I'm. Really very careful with. My. Rifles. And scopes, but. I always. Take another. Leupold scope. As a. Back. Up ! 1 inch. Or. 30. Mm . And a. Bore sighting. Tool. Snd a T. 15 And T 20. Screwdriver in My. Range. Bag

I'm. Really very careful with. My. Rifles. And scopes, but. I always. Take another. Leupold scope. As a. Back. Up ! 1 inch. Or. 30. Mm . And a. Bore sighting. Tool. Snd a T. 15 And T 20. Screwdriver in My. Range. Bag
Lenny you need to take some English lessons before you buy any other firearms parts. LOL

I had my 2 x 8 Leupold on a 308 NM in Africa several years back. It fell over and hit the ground. It went out of alinement. Miss a Oryx. Used my son rifle and did the job with it. First time I allowed my rifle to be place that wasn't totally safe. I did it to myself to boot. Learned a hard lesson. A little more input. My sons are righthanded, and I am left handed. They can shot my rifles and I can shot there rifles. Hitting the same spot. So if there any though that one person can't use somebody else rifle provided that everybody holds there rifle correctly. I have fallen several times when hunting, but very careful with my rifle at all times.

I rode my 270ADL with a Nikon pro staff down a pretty good section of mountain. Wet leaves over bedrock. Scope was fine.
The owner before me did kinda the same thing with a Redfield from the late 80s. I don't think the dials ever were touched after it was sighted for 150gr corelokts until I took it off because the seals finally let some water in.

Make sure you bring your tags with you no matter what. Fish and game seems to think if you have camo on carrying a gun you are hunting. I had a sling break and whack a very nice Vortex. We can't legally shoot on national forest so we went way back into blm. We grabbed the rifle and started up the hill to a flat spot to sight in. Along comes green jeans and starts writing a ticket for not having a tag stapled to my forehead. It was in the truck a few hundred yards away and he even said everything was in order. DA threw it out but it still cost me two days of vacation. The unlimited power these guys have is ridiculous.

Make sure you bring your tags with you no matter what. Fish and game seems to think if you have camo on carrying a gun you are hunting. I had a sling break and whack a very nice Vortex. We can't legally shoot on national forest so we went way back into blm. We grabbed the rifle and started up the hill to a flat spot to sight in. Along comes green jeans and starts writing a ticket for not having a tag stapled to my forehead. It was in the truck a few hundred yards away and he even said everything was in order. DA threw it out but it still cost me two days of vacation. The unlimited power these guys have is ridiculous.

They can search your dwelling without a signed search warrant..

They can search your dwelling without a signed search warrant..
What other LE Agency can do that? It's unreal. They did this to some guys we were hunting with. New hunters and they want no more part of it. I've never had an issue outside of CA. Only here.