Scope for close shots

Iron Worker

So Sightron S1 2.5x10x44 for a under 200Bucks. Compared to Bushnell 3200. Same price range.Whats better. Is the Bushnell 4200 2.5x10x40 worth $140.00 more than the Sightron S1 2,5x10x44MM ????? Mounting on Mod 70 270WSM for close shots on Big game like wild boar or Black bears. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Personally I think the Bushnell Elite 4200 is worth the extra money over the Sightron. For one reason, the Bushnell has Fully Multi-Coated lenses, where the Sightron SI has only Multi-coated lenses. This will make a difference in clarity and brightness.

If this scope is primarily used inside 200yds, you don't need all that mag. consider a 1.5X4 or 6X for max mag. You will get a wider field of view and usually a smaller lighter scope.

Elite 4200 and Nikon Monarchs would get my nod. On a budget, certainly the Sightron and Elite 3200 will work. however, I expect the low light performance of the more expensive scopes to be better.

Jerry

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.