Scope choice

It depends on which base you have and what caliber you are shooting. The 5.5 to 22 has a lot more MOA than the 8-32. I have a custom 36 moa base on my 30-338 norma and can shoot out to a mile with the 8-32. If you have the correct base I would definately pick the 8-32. If you dont then get the 5.5-22

I have a 40moa nightforce base and a 20moa base. I now own a 5.5-22 nxs
and I am thinking of a 8-32 nxs for my 6.5-284 or my Edge. I just want to know what people think about the 2 scopes side by side. I normally shoot 800 to 1500 yards on a regular basis. Ross

If I remember right the reticle on the 32x is calibrated to 22x......You could shim it for elivation and figure out the reticle @ 32x but the 22x might be the easy solution?

I tend to go higher but, the eyes aren't what they used to be. Of the 2 I'd go 32x, nice to have the extra power and you can always crank it down.

Horus falcon 5-20-50mm. U don't have to worry about slope angle on bases or elevation cliks up or down. Range it, site according to your drop and shoot it!

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts