scope advice based on cartridge, rifle and species?

I have only had my March for about a year. But I have shot a lot with it. From 10 yard jackrabbits and coyotes to 1700 steel. Tracking always dials to exactly what I need, and always returns to my exact zero. I have run the dials a lot. All the way out to 17.5MIL and back, which gets me to 1720.

I have only had my March for about a year. But I have shot a lot with it. From 10 yard jackrabbits and coyotes to 1700 steel. Tracking always dials to exactly what I need, and always returns to my exact zero. I have run the dials a lot. All the way out to 17.5MIL and back, which gets me to 1720.

Thanks for your feedback on your March scope.
I'm happy to hear you confirm that the tracking is good.
Which model do you have?

Have you found the eyebox to be tighter than you'd like?

Do you think the fast ("picky") parallax adjustment is an issue for you (like others have mentioned) or do you like it?

Thanks again for sharing your experience with the March scope.

I have the March F 3-24×52 FFP MIL/MIL FML-1.

Eye box is easy and forgiving.
Parallax is touchy, but nothing that can't be overcome or adjusted.
Glass clarity is probably the "worst" I own. That being said, it is pretty darn good. I am rating it against: S&B PMII, Premier Heritage, and Tangent Theta. I would compare it to Vortex Razor Gen 2 glass.
The weight & length, and huge mag range is where this scope shines.
It also has probably the best anti-glare coating I have ever seen.
Turrets are crisp, tactile and audible. And mine seems to dial exactly correct. Return to zero is perfect

Wedgy... I'm considering the March 2.5-25 x 52 and heard that the March scopes have a shallow dept of focus and very sensitive parallax adjustment and a tighter (smaller) eye box.
Have you noticed any of these factors in your March scopes and have they caused any issues for you?

Depth of focus is determined by focal length and objective size. All optics of the same focal length and objective would have the same depth of focus. So at 25x it should be identical to the Vx6 set at 25x.

Depth of focus is determined by focal length and objective size. All optics of the same focal length and objective would have the same depth of focus. So at 25x it should be identical to the Vx6 set at 25x.
The field curvature of some lenses give the side effect of greater depth of field as well as how the individuals eyes accommodation capacity of your eyes.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.