Scary incident at the range

Thank God you were not hurt.It takes a lot of guts to admit a mistake and post it as a warning to others.Nobody is as perfect that they think they are, and will make a mistake some day.Thank you Sir!!

I once discovered a 7 mm bullet in my box of factory 300 WSM. Luckily I found it before putting it downrange. I seldom shoot factory rounds anymore and inspect each one before firing. Now. I only shoot factory rounds to obtain the brass when I can't find a reasonable cost for new brass.

Was shooting AR yesterday. About 10 or 11th shot the rifle blew up. I was shooting factory rounds from a reputable manufacturer (bulk box of 1000). At the shot I felt powder hit my face. The bottom was blown out of the magazine and several rounds in the mag were dented/deformed. Bottom of bolt carrier was mangled. Got home and got the bolt back and this is what is left of the case and the projectile that came out has me dumbfounded. Take a look at pics and tell me your thought please. View attachment 368915View attachment 368914View attachment 368913View attachment 368916
Hi, your picture of the long .223 bullet says to me that the ammo manufacturer owes you a new rifle and an apology, that or you have a lawsuit to launch against them.

Yea know, it is a strategy of the enemy to taint the production of ammo with ammo that will blowup your enemy's gun. I'd be curious as to who the manufacturer is.

Also, is weight each cartridge from that Bach to see if there are any more "anomalies" !!

"Like sand through the hour glass!" Please read post 36 people!!
LOL!

Bang your head.gif

Did the bolt close all the way?
Did it kick harder than usual?
Slam-fires happen with mini-14s, M1as - when the bolt is not fully closed! - It blows-up.