Savage Stock Help

Texas89

I have a savage model 16 in 270wsm. Blind magazine magnum barrel and no accustock. I was about to sell it because I couldn't find a stock but then saw this article Long Range Hunting Rifle On A Budget and how I could make that rifle way more accurate by working on the stock. I searched what to do and had trouble finding a an article on modifying them or what needs to be done anyone have a link or can tell me what to do?

You do have stock options, Boyd's is one....I believe Bell Carlson makes a medalist

I have a 16 weather Warrior 243 with the same stock you have. I did fill the forend with epoxy which helped with the stiffness but will probably replace it with a Boyd's or BC

Mark

Give Stocky's Stocks a call. Don will have what you need. McMillan, B and C, Manners, among others.

89, if you are on a budget the Boyd's stock is just a little over $100 and the Limbsaver pad option is a steal. They are very strong and when bedded should see a major improvement in accuracy. Many colors to choose from and several styles. Next step up is the B&C for about $280 TYD.

Buy some devcon at a hardware store for $10.00 and do a little research on how to bed/stiffen the stock. Give it a try. If you mess it up, buy one of the stocks mentioned.

Buy some devcon at a hardware store for $10.00 and do a little research on how to bed/stiffen the stock. Give it a try. If you mess it up, buy one of the stocks mentioned.

I did this to my FVSS stock.Dremeled it out and Devcon bedded a big stiff x-cutter carbon arrow shaft in it. At the same time I bedded the recoil lug. Big difference in the stiffness of the stock, not to mention how much tighter it shoots.

I'm in the same boat, I've got a model 11 blind magazine and just picked up a Shilen 260 barrel cheap. I am wanting to put together a rifle for my daughters to hunt with but I am having trouble finding a stock , I don't what a tactical or benchrst style stock. For the price of a new mcmillian or HS I should just sell everything and go Remington route. I would like to have a shorter length stock if possible. Any suggestions ?

These are both Boyd's stocks. The camo painted one is the "Tacticool", the more traditional shape is their JRS Classic and comes in many colors besides this "Forest Camo". Both are laminated wood, and have been pillar bedded. Reasonable prices, quick delivery.

Attachments

• Completion! 001.JPG
    Completion! 001.JPG
    153.5 KB · Views: 19
  • first shots savage 025.jpg
    first shots savage 025.jpg
    407.3 KB · Views: 19
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.