Savage Shadow 300 WM trouble

Savage said "Send it"...I'll try one more thing this weekend and send it. They were not happy with the binding induced by torqueing the stock and receiver together.
Yeah to me if the action is torqued to factory settings and is binding the bolt that is an indicator of a big issue. The rifle should function fine at factory specs. I wouldn't mess with it anymore since they said send it. If something happens after they said send it then they might be absolved of any liability. Just my 2 cents worth.

Did you check to see if the rear action screw (and any of the scope base screw) is not protruding inside the raceway ?

In my opinion, the best thing to do is strip the scope and base off, box the rifle up and send it back. Don't waste any more time or money. The faster you send it off, the faster you'll get it back and hopefully it will be right.

Well had to get out and try a couple different loads, as everything up to now has been the berger 205. Shot 180 SGK, 200 Eldx and Nosler 180 BT. The dang BT went in a group just under 3/4" and held decent on steel at 400 and 600. (No load development, just loaded up 10 at reasonable charge and sent them. (Same for all of the above.) Different shooter. Gun was funky with all (not good groups) and then the BTs went two in the same hole and 3rd just a smidge out. Go figure.

180 BT on Elk? Just kidding - that's a whole 'nother can of worms.

Nothing wrong with 180g ballistic tips, not much different than a Berger VLD. You gotta put the bullet in the boiler room for both of them, then it's like jelly when you open them up.