Savage Recoil Lug

iggy,

I hate it when I do that! Been there and looked all over. Who wooda thunk that it would have been listed under accessories.:rolleyes:

Thanks for the pointer.

Keep us posted how that Savage shoots for you Roy. I'm building a .308 off a 110 action that I had tucked back in the safe.

Roy:

Are you looking for an original factory lug or an aftermarket precision ground lug. I cusom rebarrel Savages all the time. I have a selection of both factory lugs or Aftermarket precision ground lugs. Fred and Lisa at Sharp Shooters will have them as well as Brownells and MidwayUSA. I recomend if you are going to use a precision ground lug you lso get your action and the nut faced. Make sure if the new lug has a guide for the lug that it has less height than the depth of the indent in the action.
Rustystud

I like Shawn Carlocks's DE recoil lugs for the Savage, extra thick and precision ground flat. Also no need to deepen the recoil lug pocket in the stock. Highly reccomended.

Rustystud,

I got the action from James Jones who was gracious enough to square the face and lap the lugs (I really like doing bidness w/the folks on this board:D)

Seeing as I'm not too accomplished:rolleyes: in the metal work department, squaring a nut would be a unlikely by me. Do you have such a thing. Send a PM w/details. OK?

Montour: Is there not anything that Shawn doesn't do and do it well? BTW, congrats on your son's first chuck. I think it would be a good goal to shoot his weight in chucks this summer.;)

Squarring up Barrel nut..

Roy:

I chuck up the nut on a barrel stub and face the with a lathe bit. Just enugh to insure a flat surface all the way around.

I do this as part of my timing and truing to a Savsage action.

Rustystud

Can any of y'all recommend a smith in Houston Texas that you would trust to have this done? Trued action, nut, lug, ect.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.