• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Savage or other economical rifle

Will83

I am looking for a 6.5 creedmoor rifle or the like for my uncle. He likes a savage or ruger american. A heavy barrel is a plus for him. He will also consider a decent rifle/scope package. It must be a fair price and, honestly, he is just looking for a good and reasonably priced white tail rifle. He has a Weatherby 7 mag and just doesn't like the recoil on his body any longer. He may be willing to trade if you are interested in that. If you have any reasonably priced savage (with accutrigger or the like, please contact me. If in southern Alabama, I may be able to pick up. Only respected forum members will be considered-I'm not looking to get scammed. Thank you for your time.

I am selling a Savage 112 25-06 in the guns for sale. I would copy a link to this post if I knew how. Doesn't have an accutrigger but I did order a replacement trigger that I haven't installed.

I have a lnib Browning Hell's Canyon Long range in 6.5 Creedmore with heavy fluted barrel and Vortex Viper HST scope I would sell as a package for $1,250 plus shipping to your FFL. And it shoots Hornaday 143 ELDX under 1/2" at 100 yds. Extremely accurate
text for pics 336-314-0044
Chip

I have a lnib Browning Hell's Canyon Long range in 6.5 Creedmore with heavy fluted barrel and Vortex Viper HST scope I would sell as a package for $1,250 plus shipping to your FFL. And it shoots Hornaday 143 ELDX under 1/2" at 100 yds. Extremely accurate
text for pics 336-314-0044
Chip
Thank you for your offer, but it is a little out of his price range.

I am selling a Savage 112 25-06 in the guns for sale. I would copy a link to this post if I knew how. Doesn't have an accutrigger but I did order a replacement trigger that I haven't installed.
I will show this to him. It is larger than he wants, but he has an affinity for the 25-06. Also, what is the price with and without the scope?

Last edited:
If you care at all about value and saving money, look in the yellow pages and call each pawn broker in your vicinity and ask what kind of rifles they have for deer hunting. Every single gun that I own I bought at pawn shops. No matter what they tell you their price is for anything you find interesting.... on the phone... just tell them that is a little too much and then be silent. 90 percent of time they will come down. You can still think it over and decide to go take a look if you want. Take a cleaning rod and swab with you and run it down the bore and look in the barrel real good and you can see what kind of shape it is in. Of course work the action and pull the trigger and check the safety etc.

He has a Weatherby 7 mag and just doesn't like the recoil on his body any longer. He may be willing to trade if you are interested in that. .

he can download some ammo to equal 7mm-08 or less and if he does not load he can pay someone else to do it for him. A box of 20 rounds would cost 50/60 bucks and that is a lot less than a new rifle. I have a 7mm Rem Mag and after I had shoulder surgery I loaded 110gr Barnes at around 2800 fps and it was then a ***** cat.

Last edited by a moderator:
If a cheap accurate rifle package is what he wants. I'd hit the big box stores. Ive hear Wal-Marts in some places are dumping their rifles cheap. Otherwise there are so many quality low priced rifles nowadays. Savage Axis, Ruger American, TC Compass, Mossberg Patriot. All are great for the money. Triggers are the only issue I've seen. A little tinkering or another 100 for aftermarket and you have a great MOA shooting rifle for under 400 new. For 99+% of people hunting whitetail these would all be perfect. Just a thought. Good luck with his purchase.

Adam

I bought a savage 112 in .223 bedded it put a sightron 8-32x56 shot it for awhile it shot ok at 300 then I put a bartlein 1-7.7 twist now it shoots great still has factory trigger

I am looking for a 6.5 creedmoor rifle or the like for my uncle. He likes a savage or ruger american. A heavy barrel is a plus for him. He will also consider a decent rifle/scope package. It must be a fair price and, honestly, he is just looking for a good and reasonably priced white tail rifle. He has a Weatherby 7 mag and just doesn't like the recoil on his body any longer. He may be willing to trade if you are interested in that. If you have any reasonably priced savage (with accutrigger or the like, please contact me. If in southern Alabama, I may be able to pick up. Only respected forum members will be considered-I'm not looking to get scammed. Thank you for your time.

Has your Uncle ever thought of putting a muzzle brake on his 7 R/M? it will bring the recoil down to the point he will never give the gun up. I shot a Winchester M-70 featherweight with a lightweight scope (6.75# total weight) with a muzzle brake and it was like shooting my 25-06 or my 308 Win. I am not good with threading barrels but Lee Baker is, his number can be gotten from me if your uncle wants to send it to Lee and have him put a muzzle brake on it.

Recent Posts