• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Savage or other economical rifle

I agree about the brake. A good one will noticeably reduce perceived recoil but usually at the expense of other things like noise.

I have a .243 rem 700 bdl threaded heavy bbl I need to let go. PM me if you are interested and I can send pics/details.

I was headed to my Deer Lease last Saturday in North central Texas and stopped at a Walmart store. I noticed they had a gun section...not many in the Houston area have gun sections. But they had Savage Axis Stainless Steel 6.5 Creedmoor's for $296.00.

I used a Axis action on one of my personal builds and it shoots fantastic! I wish mine was SS....

I got this....

20190903_150023.jpg
20190903_145926.jpg

20" barreled .308 win, weighs 8.9 lbs slung and loaded. Here is my link for it -

https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/savage-11-308.225875/

$475 is my bottom line. Recoil is light using 150 Sierra game kings, shoots an inch or better with everything I have put through it. More details on my post. If your interested, for $300ish you could get a prefit barrel in whatever short action standard bolt face caliber you want and install it yourself, and have around $800 into it, which is what I have into the rifle, but honestly for white tail inside 500 or so, it would be fine just as is with the holdover reticle and a some validation at the range and your chosen load.

P.m. or text me if interested.

307-747- five 09 five.

Why not get a TC Compass new?? Cheap and actually a pretty darn accurate rifle. Me and 7 other folks all bought one last year in 6.5 creed when they had the rebates on. We had $225 net in the rifles. Some shoot 1/2" at 100 yds. Not a one is over an inch. It's about the time of year they put out the rebates. No guarantee they do it this year, but it has been the pattern last couple of years. Something to watch for.

Recent Posts