Savage Model 99 .250-3000

ncfireman83

Hey group anyone more familiar with this platform than I am??? The brass rotary "clip" seems to have failed in mine. Noticed it showing a round count of 3 when chamber was empty. I loaded 3 rounds to see if it would correct it self and now have a round that will not rotate to the top. Thanks

They are basically spring loaded or tensioned. There is a small screw on the side to loosen, then you add tension and roll to the correct spot "0" and re=insert the screw. It has been a long time since I watched my Dad do it but I want to say the screw has a flat spot that holds it in the right position...

It is a design well ahead of its time for sure!! Love my 99's...and thanks for the glitch back in time for my memory bank.

What kind of accuracy do u get with it? I have a 300 Sav that I am going to play with this year. Good luck with the counter. The tech on it was way ahead of its time.

They are basically spring loaded or tensioned. There is a small screw on the side to loosen, then you add tension and roll to the correct spot "0" and re=insert the screw. It has been a long time since I watched my Dad do it but I want to say the screw has a flat spot that holds it in the right position...

It is a design well ahead of its time for sure!! Love my 99's...and thanks for the glitch back in time for my memory bank.
I love them! Killed my first deer with this one which was my grandfathers at the time, and have since acquired a .243 and 300 in the 99.

What kind of accuracy do u get with it? I have a 300 Sav that I am going to play with this year. Good luck with the counter. The tech on it was way ahead of its time.
All of mine are tack drivers with plain ole Remington core loks

I also read a post on here several days ago where a gentleman has one in .308! Not sure if they made one in .308 or he had it chambered. I was only aware of the .250, .243, and 300 chamberings

I also read a post on here several days ago where a gentleman has one in .308! Not sure if they made one in .308 or he had it chambered. I was only aware of the .250, .243, and 300 chamberings
I have one in 308 , it's all factory and is a early one , probably the year 308 win was developed nearly mint condition.