Savage Model 12 BVSS .308 mag. conversion?

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by Lexthepilot, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Lexthepilot

Lexthepilot Member

Hey i just picked up a Model 12 BVSS chambered in .308 win. I absolutely love the rifle but im not in love with the internal box magazine. this is primarily a range gun so fast follow ups arent of any importance at the moment. Does anyone know of a single shot loading ramp conversion or any other conversion package available for this stock? thanks

2. bigngreen

bigngreen Well-Known Member

3. Lexthepilot

Lexthepilot Member

Thanks! looks like a great site for savage in general. do you know if either of those loading ramps will replace an internal box? looks like they clip in place of a detachable box...

4. Trickymissfit

Trickymissfit Well-Known Member

Davidson makes one for the 112, so I imagine they now do one for the Mod. 12. I put one in a 112 a few years back, and ended up epoxing it in place. I also filled the void left in the stock for the internal mag with a maple plug epoxied in place.
    gary

5. bigngreen

bigngreen Well-Known Member

It looks like the first one is for a detachable mag and the second snaps into the box mag but it would be worth calling and getting clarification.

6. Lexthepilot

Lexthepilot Member

ill look into that thanks