Savage Long range Hunter in 7MM where?

WEATHERBY460

I can not find a savage long range hunter any place, except in the 6.5x284...i am looking for 7mm.....when will savge be releasing these...thanks

this is the model with the muzzle break and adjustable height stock all black

Just got mine in the other day in 300 wsm. Having the barrel lapped then she will be ready to start breaking in. Haven't seen any in 7mm But I bet my local dealer can more than likely put his hands on one. Let me know if you would like his contact info.

I'm curious to hear from the guys that own the 111LRH as to the kind of accuracy they consistently experience and with what kind of ammo.

I saw one TV show where one guy shot a .25" group and ever since, people swear that that's what you should expect from the 111LRH.

I think they're nice rifles and almost bought one. ..still might some day. But, .25" seems a little unrealistic for every rifle that comes off the shelf.

Thanks in advance!
Richard

well i have one in 6.5-284 and doesnt shoot .25 groups but still shoots well. i also had one in 300 wm and it would shot around .5 .75 groups. i think that they are great rifles and would recommend them to anyone looking for a otc long range gun

I have one in 7mm mag. I have been very busy. I have had it out twice. One time only breaking it in with factory ammo. The second time was with never fired remington brass, 162 grain hornady sst. Every group after the first one was under .75 inch. smallest was almost a clover leaf but there was a just a sliver of target seperating one of the holes.

Thanks savage7mag and coyotesweetness for the reality check.

I think that's pretty darn good for neither of you having made a lot of effort.

Does the muzzle break seem to work pretty well?

Do you find yourself having to let the barrel cool a lot? Or, are you just shooting 3-5 shots consecutively?

thanks!!!
Richard

The muzzle brake works well but is probably not as effective as some, there is very noticeable difference between on and off thats for sure, hard to be subjective.

I never "let it cool" other than taking turns firing different guns, walking out to put up new targets and things like that. I probably shot 8-10 3 shot groups in an hour without cleaning and it shot great the whole time.

Hey savage7mag. I want to shoot target style bullets through this rifle and was wondering if the magazine would fit my handloads. I read an aticle that said the 6.5x284 Norma can handle the extra length. Not sure if your 7mm could. Maybe you could measure it and post the length. I can't find any info on the Savage website and they are not accepting emails. Thanks in advance.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts