Savage FTR

crowsnest2002

Just wanted to share a few pictures of a Savage FTR 308 I got in a trade. I'm very impressed with its accuracy so far. I just loaded up some 155 amaxes I had laying around, 46grns varget and instantly got 1/2 groups a 100yrds. I'm really hoping to get into ftr. The gentleman I got it from forgot to send the cheek rest so I made one up from some laminate board. I think it is about perfect on height because my cheek bone rests perfectly. Hope you guys enjoy the pics.

9pq534.jpg

izcmkj.jpg

I think you'll enjoy your new toy... and I think you'll enjoy it more with a cheekpiece from here:

Karsten' Adjustable Cheek Piece - Model A

Been shooting these for a few years now. The nice part about the Karsten Model A is that you can loosen it and slip it down for cleaning - or to check the bore for obstructions in the event of a squib load.

The factory barrels *really* like 155s and Varget... or N150 if you can't find Hodgdon stuff.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.