Savage accu-trigger

My FLCP-K has one and, while it took some getting used to, I now think it is a very good setup. I have two different shooting partners that run 700's, both have shot my accu-trigger rig and both were impressed with the crisp break.

I have two of them, if a person takes the time to get used to the design, they are a good product. I have shot a good number of rounds with the accu-trigger, no complaints yet, it kind of reminds me of a two stage trigger, once you take up the first stage.... it's show time.

I have target accutriger on one of my rifles, I think I can get down to 10 oz with it, there are room more for adjustments but accutriger will fail to fire on lowest settings, simply pulling on middle blade will trigger sear engagement, but not having middle blade down will engage safety mechanism, so its kind of frustrating, when you ready to take a shot and you can't, anyway riflebasix trigger is what you want :rolleyes:, they got 2 kinds for Savage, one Sav 1 and another Sav 2. The Sav 2 is more for target-benchrest shooting you can get down to few ounces of pull
SAV-2 [SAV-2] - $154.95 : Rifle Basix, Custom Bolt-Action Triggers

, but Sav 1 is more suited for hunting it ranges from 3 lb to 14 oz

SAV-1 [SAV-1] - $84.95 : Rifle Basix, Custom Bolt-Action Triggers

of course you can always get Sav 1, but do you really need to get that light on trigger pull is up to you and Sav2 cost twice more...

I have always been a replace it or have a smith tune it guy. Now, I have two accutriggers and they are IMO the best factory trigger you can get! They take a little getting used to but are safe and crisp. I think they are great and you can adjust them yourself. They are perfect for hunting but if you want to shoot bench rest you need the target accutrigger or an aftermarket.

I have a LRPV .223 with Accutrigger, unable to reduce WOP too less than 12 ounces. Below that level, frequently the sear will not engage and the cocking piece is not in fire position. But I have gotten used to the trigger. I shoot that rifle and several custom rifles with Jewel triggers, in long range compeition, I have no problem going from 2 ounce WOP to 12 WOP in the Accutrigger.

Like prior posts, once I got used to the trigger, it is very good. I have a couple of 22's, the 20 ga bolt, muzzleloader, and a couple of high power rifles. I have them all adjusted to the same weight, a nice set up that gives me a consistent feel. Very crisp, no creep, and the right amount of overtravel.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.