Savage .338 LM worth ?

TG-5150

i came across the chance to get a Savage .338LM. Fella that has it thinks the barrel is shot out. If this is all true, what would be a fair price?
If the barrel is shot out, I know what it will be rebarreled in. I have bought more than one rifle that just needed a good defouling that someone swore was shot out or a lemon.

Never mind, gonna pss on this one. Found out they have extraction issues with the bigger improved cases.

What model savage is it? I have the 112 and even with 120 grains of 50BMG and a 230 berger there is no extraction problems.

I will have to ask latter this evening. It's 6 years old is all i know. Was wanting to make a 7mm Allan Magnum out of it.

The extraction issues were with Hornady brass. I have yet to hear of a problem with the Savages and Lapua brass. As far as worth we need more details. Single shot or repeater and which stock?

I have an 11/111 lrh that had issues with 250 SGK until I read Brian's article on nose slump issues with gen 1 Bergers. I tried 250 SMK with no issues. May be same problem with this one. Nose slump causing high chamber pressures.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.