savage 22-250 axis heavy barrel

Savage1962

Hi to you all--I just joined this site and I'm also new to long range shooting,I'm picking up my new rifle this weekend,I ordered it a week ago,its a savage 22-250 when I ordered it I was thinking that the barrel was approx. 1" at the muzzle with no tapper ,when I went to look at it the barrel has a tapper and is approx.3/4" do any of you know what the barrel Dia. should be,any help would be great I'm going to pick up the rifle on fri. I know the box says heavy barrel,but I was expecting a larger DIA. barrel---dumb huh---anyway you guys have a good evening!!

Welcome to the forum. I have to ask, why did you think the muzzle diameter would be approximately one inch? I would call Savage and ask them, they will answer your question on the firearm that you ordered.

1962, welcome to the forum. .750 inch at the muzzle is considered a heavy barrel by some manufacturers.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.