savage 17 hornet feed problems

cjjkels

I bought a model 25 varminter shot 9 shots out of it,it won't feed, so I sent it back to Savage. Got it back, same thing, only now it will kind of feed if u hold the barrel straight down. anybody hear of a fix that works,or should I send it back again?

Send it back. A bunch of the first ones out had that problem, including one I had. If your's isn't shooting flyers consider yourself "lucky". Traded mine for a .22 Hornet that's a little better, but has soured me on Savage.
CZs are proving to be much better, but looks like it's difficult to sell a Savage .17HH outright. Might have to bite the, uh, bullet on a trade as I did. I have learned not to buy a new unproven rifle, regardless of make.

that's what i'm thinking. I just sent Sav a email we'll see what happens. Mine does shoot pretty good,don't do any good if u can't get the shells in the gun. Friend bought a Ruger it isn't much better

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.