Savage .17 hmr 93R17BTVS with AccuTrigger

jmason

Is there anyone here who can instruct me on how to disassemble the bolt on this gun? I have been getting some misfires with multiple brands/boxes of ammo. I figure there's probably some crud build up in the firing pin spring area, and I'd like to clean it. It does not have the recessed hex on the end of the bolt which is why I'm lost.

It shoots just fine. Under an inch at 100yds. I'm very happy with it. I've tried almost all the ammo out there and the CCI seems to be the best.

This post is pretty old. The problem I had with misfires was brought on by myself. I over tightened the action screws which crushed the action into the stock and the plunger on the end of the bolt started dragging on the stock. I had the action bedded and that was the end of that.

racr350,

I love my 93! bought it at cabelas and have only shot the 17gr vmaxs. From what I have read you will get very little difference between brands as long as the bullet it the same. (ie 17 vmax, 20 fmj, 17 tnt, etc.) it shoots in the 3/4 to 5/8s range at 100 yards. the only thing I dont car for is the trigger. Wish it came with the super light trigger savage has on thier target guns.

good luck

Cabelas90,
I have a Savage Model 93 .17 HMR as well and love it. It is very accurate out to about 125 yds on just about any small varmint with Hornady V-Max bullets. For larger varmints, like racoons and large rabbits I like the CCI 17gr TNT jacketed hollow points. It is a good gun, easy to shoot for everyone who wants to try shooting.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.