Savage 111 LRH 6.5-284 Loading Questions

Heh heh. Measure twice and cut once

I know that well. Union carpenter for 11 years. I have thought about it a lot and still don't know where the mistake was made. Never done that before. Oh well. Just hope after some new test rounds with the new length and Retumbo that she's punching .5 or less MOA groups at 200+ yards.

Still a bit confused about your numbers. Mine rifle is 2.507 base of case to ogive. 2.582 to the lands. That puts me .075 off the lands give or take a thousands or two. Ok so my bullet and case length COAL is 3.16x add .075 it is 3.23. Is that matching your findings?

Loaded a 3 shot group at .07 off the LANs and 57.5 grains of retumbo. Shot them at 200 yards today. No stickiness of the bolt at all. Group was about an inch. Maybe a little more. Have not measured it yet. Ill load another group at .040 off the LANs and see how it shoots.

What reloading dies y'all use?? I am about to buy some but wanted to see what y'all thought.

Redding S Bushing Dye. If you use Lapua brass, .292 bushing. It can be be FL, or you can go with a neck dye plus a body dye which can be used to size the cases after a few loadings when the cases get tight. A competition seater with micrometer makes life easy on seating depth adjustments, but is not required.

1 inch @ 200 is .5 moa. I went out tonight to 800 and shot for confirmation. .5 moa left but my drop was dead on. 15 moa. Fought the wind a little 5 to 7 mph with gusts. image.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.