Savage 11/111 LRH

Ncole

Has anyone changed the stock on this rifle? Everywhere I look nobody lists a stock for 11/111. Are there any others out there that would work?

What caliber do you have? May make a difference, not sure. I recently inquired about getting one for my 338 Lapua. Most places I talked to or researched said that I would need to go to an internal box max or pay extra for a different bottom metal because the way the stock is done on the big calibers. I don't know if that was true, but I know that even a Stockade gun stock would need a different box mag that Kevin sells. All I know is nothing seemed cheap, so I ended up modifying the stock on my own to make it feel better, and then repainted to my liking.

Thanks for the reply. I've got a 6.5-284. It's a long action. When I got the gun I had full intentions of changing the stock but didn't realize that nobody was making any for it. What did you do to modify yours?

I personally hated the hand area/grip feel and the synthetic texturing, so I decided to use Marine Tex to build up the texture on the fore end, and recontour the grip a bit. I can't say for certain, but I feel like it has stiffened the Accustock further as well. When I got done with that I used a variety of the Cerakote H-Series colors I had laying around. It still isn't a Manners (can't afford unfortunately), but it works for me. Feels significantly better in my hands, and cost me $20 worth of Marine Tex. Since it has the GAP color pattern the groups should be cut in half too. gun)

2luey5z.jpg

Nice looks good. I don't care for the look or feel of mine either. I don't like the rubber over mold on it either. It doesn't feel very rigid to me. I also don't like the adjustable cheek piece I feel like every time I need to remove the bolt I'm worried I won't get it adjusted exactly the same. I don't know maybe I'm just being to picky. I should've researched a little more first I guess.

Stockades sells the B&C medalist stock, but your likely have some work to do as that is for a side bolt release (not bottom). I spent the $ on a Manners EH3, but knew this before I started my build. Had to go with a blind mag box but saved me 12 oz. in bottom metal material for the long days hiking. I also have a 6.5x284 116 series and added an adjustable cheek piece to that stock, I really like the cheek piece. Mark yours with silver marker and youll set it he same each time.

I do want to fill my accustock stock with foam sometime too, hate the cheap hollow sound when it hits anything.

Thanks, I'm not against a blind mag either. I'd take that in a heartbeat if the stock was made for my action. I'm just not confident that I could modify one to make it work.

Ncole, try Boyds Gun Stocks, you can find them on the internet. I think there current price is around 129.00 for a rifle stock. Also they have a few different styles to choose from.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.