sauer rifle question

jaeger19

Has anyone had experience with the sauer classic xt? I saw one for a 338 lapua at around a grand on gunbroker but never handled one. I have wanted a lightweight 338 lapua for a while and before committing to an expensive custom build I thought "why not by this and see if you can deal with the recoil. Anyone even held one? Are they quality on par with tikka or are they crappy?

Has anyone had experience with the sauer classic xt? I saw one for a 338 lapua at around a grand on gunbroker but never handled one. I have wanted a lightweight 338 lapua for a while and before committing to an expensive custom build I thought "why not by this and see if you can deal with the recoil. Anyone even held one? Are they quality on par with tikka or are they crappy?

The Sauer brand stands for premium rifles and you can't compare it with Tikka in no case. Not by far. A decent Sauer 202 or even worse the new Sauer 404 cost a least double the price of a Tikka, and they are worth it. I'm assuming that you are talking about a 202 XT and that's a superb rifle under all circumstances you may think of. Top mechanical wise, top accuracy, top trigger and safety. The xt composite stock is as good as the rifle. You make no mistake at all purchasing a Sauer.

The Sauer brand stands for premium rifles and you can't compare it with Tikka in no case. Not by far. A decent Sauer 202 or even worse the new Sauer 404 cost a least double the price of a Tikka, and they are worth it. I'm assuming that you are talking about a 202 XT and that's a superb rifle under all circumstances you may think of. Top mechanical wise, top accuracy, top trigger and safety. The xt composite stock is as good as the rifle. You make no mistake at all purchasing a Sauer.

I believe his talking SIG SAUER rifles.

Thanks. I am actually talking about the Sauer 101 xt which is their lower end model. The 202 hews q good reputation. I was curious whether the 101 lived up to the Sauer reputation

Having just a little experience (LOL) with the Sauer, Mauser and Blaser lines of rifles, I can say the Sauer 101 is a fantastic rifle for the price point.

It has all the things normally included in rifles selling for much more and will shoot better than most rifleman can.

The 101s Ive shot were all capable of a bug hole type group with factory ammo. Almost a blessing they don't make them left handed so I don't have to buy a bunch of them!

I have not shot the 338 Lapua yet, but I am looking forward to it and will expect nothing less than stellar performance with it.

And I am comfortable knowing I will not be disappointed.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.