Saturn barrels are they any good

Sheep Hunter

If anyone has anything to say about Saturn barrels I would like to hear about it. I have a way of getting a great deal on one, but a good deal is only as good as the quality of the barrel.

Thanks for your info.

You will not go wrong with a Satern barrel (correct spelling).

If you have a line to get a great deal, even better.

I find it hard to believe there are not more of them out in the field.

I'm impressed for several reasons.
--consistent high quality steel, barrels copper up very little
--will cut any twist you need to nearest .25 inch
--short wait time
--top notch customer service

Iv'e heard the quality is good.

On a sad note, iv'e tried to contact them many times, via Email, Phone.... Left numerous
messages and NEVER got any response. After several months of trying i just gave up
on them. I could drive up there as they are not that far from me, but its not worth my time or
gas money on a company that don't return any calls. I had several customers that wanted
Satern barrels but after no contact we went with Lilja instead.

dave

Sounds like no one has anything bad to say about the quality.

Thanks for all the info and please let me know if anyone has anything else I need to know.

I got one abs carbon saturn 338ax 1/2 moa out to 1,600 yards. I did not order the saturn i order a rock 5 but after 1 1/2 year weight i told abs i would sue if i did not get my pree paid abs.So that how i got a saturn. It shoot great. ABS not great to deal with.

speaking of barrles when did rem. start making there barrles with cheep alloys around what year? I am just wondering. Want to get my son a deer hunting rifle. Most likey going to be a 700. I just know what it takes to make 1 shoot better.

Last edited:
just ordered a satern/abs barrel today. i'll let you know in a week when it it gets here.blank was in stock and thier wrapping this weekend, barrel will ship by the end of the week. you talk about fast!

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.