saturn barrel

new shooter

I have got a saturn barrel on abs barrel i did not order this barrel with a saturn barrel i order with a rock 5 but this is what i got so i am trying to find more about the barrel. thanks for your input.

I have been using ABS wrapped, Satern barrels for going on 2 years. I have also used alot of Rock barrels. The Satern barrels are every bit as good, in fact, they are better lapped then the Rock and take alot less barrel break-in. The Satern's use a 5R style rifling, VERY similar to the Rock profile. Satern is using cutters styled after the Obemeyer cutters.

ABS has started using Satern barrels as well as continuing to use Rock barrels, in order to keep up with demand. I only use Rock or Satern in all my custom rifles, and have no problem getting either to shoot .2-.3" groups in hunting rifles.

I don't think you will be dissappointed, I sure haven't been.

Todd Bettin
Bettin Custom Guns

I have been using ABS wrapped, Satern barrels for going on 2 years. I have also used alot of Rock barrels. The Satern barrels are every bit as good, in fact, they are better lapped then the Rock and take alot less barrel break-in. The Satern's use a 5R style rifling, VERY similar to the Rock profile. Satern is using cutters styled after the Obemeyer cutters.

ABS has started using Satern barrels as well as continuing to use Rock barrels, in order to keep up with demand. I only use Rock or Satern in all my custom rifles, and have no problem getting either to shoot .2-.3" groups in hunting rifles.

I don't think you will be dissappointed, I sure haven't been.

Todd Bettin
Bettin Custom Guns
thats great news thanks joe

I have got a saturn barrel on abs barrel i did not order this barrel with a saturn barrel i order with a rock 5 but this is what i got so i am trying to find more about the barrel. thanks for your input.

I hope ABS didn't act like this was a mistake and it's the first time it's ever happened, because it's not. I don't know how long you were waiting but I understand at some point it's just, "Yeah, OK. Satern? Whatever, just send me something...."

When I checked around I didn't get great reviews and I have no personal experiance with Satern; but Bettin does purchase quite a few a year.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.