Sako Trg 42

eric777

Has anyone had any experience with the Sako Trg 42 in 338 lapua Mag?? Imthinking of buying one . Im wondering if the rifle is worth the cost.I recently looked the price of ammo
shocked.gif
unbelievable
confused.gif

I will tell you know that I have not used the one in 338 lapua. I have played with the one's in 308. The rifles are worth every doller even if it is canadian.
smile.gif
The only thing to be carefull about is useing the correct bullet for the twist. I read an articule about a gentleman who was loading his own ammo and couldn't get it to shoot worth a blankdy blank. The rep from Sako was talking to told him to send it back to the factory and they would correct the problem. The guy finaly reads the user manual and finds out that he had been useing the wrong type of bullet and when he used what the users manual stated low and behold the rifle was a tack driver. The rifle dose not have the twist rate for 300 grain bullets, if memory serves me correctly. Please check the website.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.