SAKO TRG-42

Discussion in 'Equipment Discussions' started by kc, Jan 15, 2003.

1. kc

kc Well-Known Member

My best friend was bending my ear about out of the box accuracy and SAKO being one of the best(he shoots REMINGTONS). so I went to there sight, WOW! this is one sweet rifle, the TRG-42 looks like it would send you to the poor house. Whats the price on a TRG-42?
    its just a dumb question'
    Keith...

2. ewallace

ewallace Well-Known Member

Keith
    I saw one on gunsamerica for $2585 [​IMG] It is a 338 Lupua
    Crow Mag

[ 01-15-2003: Message edited by: crow mag ]

3. texas

texas Well-Known Member

$2100-$2950 depending where you find one.

4. kc

kc Well-Known Member

OUCH!!!!!!

5. mindcrime

mindcrime Well-Known Member

That's not really too bad considering the cost of a custom "accurate" tactical rifle these days. I'll take three. [​IMG]

6. grandadmorgan

grandadmorgan Active Member

i wrote a check for $3100 for my 300 win mag trg42, that included the optional $175 large brake, $150 for sako rings, and a few cleaning items. when i saw it i just had to have it, when the salesman told me the price i just started writing the check.
    i've added two scopes, a swarovski 6x24 for hunting because of it' perfect glass and a nxs 12x42 for target, tough to beat.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

For those price I'd build my own on a custom action.....the Prairie Gun Works Timberwolf Action!

8. Ronin Rifles

Ronin Rifles Well-Known Member

I have been eyeing the Sako TRGs for a long time. I really like their 3 lug bolt and smoothness, quality magazine, and looks. Wish they just had a built in rail with maybe 20 min angle built in, so you can use other rings and mounts. But just bought a Nesika Bay M action with a 338 Lapua bolt face and will get a complete custom rifle built on it. But one day I wouldnt mine geting one, or if I can get one of my friends to buy one, then I could shoot it.

9. Inukshuk

Inukshuk Well-Known Member

Man I'd love to have one of those as well... They freakin rock.

10. teddy12b

teddy12b Well-Known Member

I really like that those rifles have a detachable magazine from the factory. Not too many out there that do.