Sako Finlight 260 or 708 Feedback

ramrod79

Good day all I am looking for some feed back on the Sako FinnLight , I wanted to get one in either a 260 or 708 for my boys to use one is 12 ,and starting out the other is 16, and while my 16 year old can handle a larger rifle like my 280 AI the 12 year old cannot. I may have a possible trade on one for my Kimber Montana 280 AI so I thought that this would work out great a deer gun for the boys ,and I would still have a sheep gun if I ever decided to Sheep hunt anymore.

I guess what I am after is accuracy are the Sakos a 1/2 MOA gun as my Montana shoots 1/2 inch all the time, and while tack driving accuracy does not make that big of a difference to the boys it does to me I don't want a gun that wont shoot especially if I am going sheep hunting. Should I just wait to sell my Montana and buy a Cooper in a 708 or is the Finnlight a good shooter .

There should be plenty of reviews with a google search. I have 2 older Sako rifles, nothing but good things to say about them.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.