Sako A7 rifle

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by whitetail predator, Apr 4, 2011.

1. whitetail predator

whitetail predator Member

Is the sako A7 rifle worth the money? Is it a good shooter?

2. bkondeff

bkondeff Well-Known Member

I do not have hands on experience with this rifle. I have a sako 75 and a new Tikka and am considering an A7 in 270win or 270wsm for my 13 year old son. I love both of my current guns and the A7 is basically a blend between the two, but you probably already know that. What I have done is a lot of research on it. As with the Tikka the only complaint I ever hear is people who don't like the plastic. I have not read one post about them not holding up and certainly nothing about them not being shooters. I never get when people would rather buy a gun that is less likely to shoot over one with more metal, that is usually much heavier to boot.

Since the 270wsm comes in at 6 5/8lbs with a 24.5" barrel if I can get the right price on that gun that will be where I start. I do wish it came is 7mmWSM but that's another story.

3. whitetail predator

whitetail predator Member

I actually have since purchased a sako A7 in 7mm remington mag. and am well pleased with it. It shoots 1/2" groups at 100yds and 1 1/2" groups at 300yds. It is by far the best shooting rifle in my collection. I'm considering buying a sako 75 in 300 rem ultra mag as my next purchase.

4. Akkill

Akkill Well-Known Member

sako is chambering the 300 rum ?

5. su37

su37 Well-Known Member

I own two A7's in 25-06 and 300 WSM.

Easy sub moa shooters!!

YES, money well spent.

No regrets here.