sako a7?

Tikkamike

I am in the market for a new all around throw in the pickup rifle I am interested in the sako a7 but they are not even on the sako webwite from what I can see. I see no info on them other than reviews. So does anyone have one? if so how do you like ot or if you dont have one what do you know about them. I know they are no sako 75 or even 85 but im looking for something along the lines of the t3 so im quite interested in it. let me know what you know. Thanks

the old sakoA7.net web page has been discontinued, as well as the rifles production. I have one in 7mm rem mag and one in 243(still New In Box). Has talley mts and a zeiss 3-9x40 600 rapid Z reticle, 243 has leupold 3-9x33 ultralight(only weights 6lbs 11oz loaded. Shoots nosler 140gr. ballistic tips in .75 inch groups. Havent shot much else through it. I also have a limbsaver on it(same model as Tika-T3) To tame a bit of the recoil from the light rifle. Theres nothing wrong with the Tikka T3 either. They're great rifles, I know manners now makes a lightweight stock for the T3, wish someone would make an Edge style stock for the A7.

I have one in 300wsm and like it just fine. My only beef is with the ejection, the shells come out high and hit my scope windage turret, not sure if this only on the short mags or just mine. The website is off line but my understanding from several sources is that they are changing the stock to have the soft inlays like the Sako 85 and are re-releasing it. Heard this from dealers and now saw it in a shooting magazine. All in all I like mine, but I also like my 2 Tikkas.

Yep ,
I have hunted and taken a nice Sambar stag in our High Country with one.

It was a demo rifle from Beretta in 300wsm and I did a review.

I like it and if you can get one on run out price even better!

It s a bit like the T3 which is its main problem but it has some advantages.

It shot well like every T3 and from memory the Sako 75/T3 limbsaver pad will still fit this model as well. Trigger is similar and easily adjusted. Bolt handle is nicer than the T3 and still smooth.
It has specific size actions to the cartridge (3 sizes) and you can top load a lot easier which is a plus if feeding single pills with Berger to the lands for example.

You may have to use Burris Signature insert rings s to give you some moa cant for longer ranges as it has bases fitted to the top of the action which is a lot stronger than those wee wee rings supplied with T3's. Any Warne, Weaver Sako, Burris and Leupold PRW type ring will fit straight up.

The mag has metal feed lips which is another plus..

The bolt also has a 3 lug design from memory compared to the T3.
As a mountain rifle the weight in these is terrific and a 4.5 to 14 scope would be perfect ...Accuarcy is there and I am amazed how the T3 and A7 can shoot and hold their own with custom sporters.

I own a Camo T3 Lite in 7mm Rem mag now and its a real 1/2 MOA shooter and so was my last one and the one before. My mates handle and borrow them shoot them and then offer to buy them off me.! They cant be bothered developing a load so they rely on me a bit at times. I can tell you my mate leaves his 300wsm X bolt at home and loves the T3 7mm RM if taht syas anything?
The A7 was stuck in price bracket with heaps of competiton.

Honestly the T3 is similar but its not an A7. For a high country lug it rifle.. give me one any day. They shoot well and thats what counts without modifying a trigger or doing a bedding job!

They are light shoot like every other Sako and have an adjustable trigger which I find a lot better than the current crop of MOA type ones.. The browing X bolt and A bolt would be its direct competetior. MMMM I have seen and played with an X bolt and the Sako bedding system is better IMO and their arent any dollops of glue!

If the price is right get one .. Make sure you get the limbsaver if shooting the bigger calibres it does make the difference.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.