Sako 85 LR 338 Lapua

WyoHunter1

I am interested in a Sako 85 Long Range in 338 Lapua. I want to use it for hunting but I cant find articles for the 85 just the TRG. Does any body have experience with this rifle? It weighs over 10 lbs so it will be a handful to carry but it comes with a muzzle brake so it should not be too bad to shoot.
I think my local gunshop can order one but I can not find one on line except from Euro Optic for $2500 and the rifle is not in stock.
Any info on this rifle or suggestions about another portable 338 Lapua would be appreciated.
Have already considered the Savage 111 but would rather have a higher quality rifle as this may be the last one I buy. Thanks

I live in Casper Wyoming. We have a Sportsman Warehouse here.
Anybody else got an opinion on a Sako 85 Long Range 338?

I have had a couple of Weatherby rifles. Found them to be very temperamental.
I am hoping to get an accurate out of the box rifle.
That is why I am interested in a Sako 85 long range. Known to be accurate from the start usually.

Any body got any experience with this rifle in a 338?

I see that this threat is old, but i am very interested in this rifle. May i ask is anyone here who owns one in .338Lapua?
I would like to know what to expect fromt the build quality and whether the rifle was accurate enough.
The recoil with the installed muzzle brake would also be of interest as i plan to shoot it a lot, not just hunting.

With best regards,

Sral

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.