Sage Flats Gunsmithing

Webs I haven't had anything done with them but I am considering having some work done and see how they do. In the market to try other smiths. There prices are definately competitive.

Brent

I agree with you. Also I emailed the guy to talk with him on friday evening around 5. I got a very detailed response from him that evening at 11. I was really impressed.

Sorry haven't been able to scrounge up a donor rifle for my daughters first rifle. I want to build a 6br for her.

Brent

I am sending parts to him over the next few weeks to have him build a 7mm WSM.

The build will be as follows:

Remington 700 action from a 300 win mag ADL

Brux #5 stainless 28" skip fluted

Greybull Stock

Kwik Klip bottom Metal

Grey Cerakote

10 deg Vaporizer Muzzle Brake by SSG.

I plan on keeping a stock trigger and have him tune it. Then have him him blueprint the action, chamber the barrel, bed the stock, cerakote, and install the muzzle brake.

Do you still own any 7mm WSM's Brent?

No but the one I had was alot like yours. I tend to stay around the 600-700 for the furthest shots these days on game. So my 260 does just fine on deer size game. The larger rifle will be a standard caliber. So just in case ammo is lost in the baggage I will be able to get something overseas. My dausghter walked down stairs awhile back and asked me when she is going to have something hanging on the wall. As the good dad that I am I started looking and scheming for her rifle build. I will plan something to get her feet wet this year after alot of practice. Then maybe I will hold off on africa a couple more years and take my family. If my daughter gets into it maybe my wife will follow.

Brent

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts