S&W Firearms

Coyote Shadow Tracker

LRH Sponsor
We just received a sale catalog from S&W and they are making a few ARs and some 1854 Lever Action Rifles. I was interested that they got into the Rifle Manufacturing. I was also AMAZIED at all the wide variety models of pistols they offer. I always thought of S&W as the Model 19 and 29.
They are making so many Semi Auto Pistols and the revolvers just blew me away.
S&W really wants a Share of the market in Semi Autos. They have them as low as $249 and up to just over $1K with most in the $4-600 range and ARs in the $4-600 range.

I've been a fan of S&W for decades. I've mainly owned their revolvers and have not been disappointed. Now that their headquarters are in Tennessee, it has only enhanced my support.
We have older Model 19s 357 mag with recessed cylinders Pinned Barrels along with Target Triggers & Sights. Same with the Model 29s. Have a older Dirty Harry New in an Oak Presentation Box never fired.

Don't get me wrong they are nice guns but I've been partial to Dan Wessons. After reading a magazine article that they took a S&W, Colt and a Ruger in 44 mag and torture tested them to a 1,000 rounds, the Anaconda was the first to give up and then the S&W was next, the Ruger didn't. The next month they ran the Ruger to 5,000 rounds and it still didn't give up.

Granted they didn't test the DW, it was just that his moto was try and build a better gun that S&W.

They certainly are throwing a lot at the wall to see what sticks. Some have been good others left me scratching my head. Have an x frame and a 648 as well as a 617, all of which have some serious miles on them. Kinda bookend the revolved space... but hey it is what it is. Wife really likes her 10mm, it's grip fits her hands better than everything else she tried. It shoots good, surprisingly accurate for a run of the mill autoloader.

The new 22 mag autoloader is a hoot. Not sure they sold me on the folding 9mm carbine....

Like my ruglins enough I'll probably spring for the 1894 trapper when it hits the shelves over the smith.

Wish them well, 25 years ago both ruger and Smith and wesson appeared to be headed the wrong way. Good to see both on a much better path.