Rusa Deer

JAWZ

Was talking with Down Under Hunter the other day and we got talking about the fact that we had both shot very nice Rusa deer . I was curious to see if any of you guys from the Northern hemisphere had shot any or made the trip down to Australia or New calidonia to hunt them.

spearguns059.jpg

My stag is 36-3/8' long it has 7-2/8' beams and 10-6/8' coronets.
It score 238-7/8 Douglas score.

JAWZ

That is a nice Rusa deer for sure. Look at how heavy those main beems are. It is one of my dreams to make it to AU or NZ to do some hunting. That would be just awsome.

I had the great privelage to hunt Rusa some years ago in Australia he is till this day one of my most cherished trophies I only wish I could hunt Rusa once again. Hell I would love to make it back to Australia again :)

Your stag is very beautiful indeed very nice and heavy with very good length also looks like a small kicker or two off of the brow tine. Congrats thats a very nice stag!!!

I will try and see if I can post a pic of my Rusa Stag.

They are one of the Southern asia deer released in Australia many moons ago.
He dose have some burs near his brows and off his outers but he still scored typical. The stuff you see hanging off the one side is velvet , unlike other deer they dont seem as bothered by it hanging on and you quite often see them with big clumps of grass in their antlers as they walk around.

JAWZ

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.