Ruger Predator 6mm Creedmoor replacement stock

Darryle

I snagged a 6mm manbun/salt life Predator for the kids, I am considering the Boyd's At-One stock simply for ease of adjustment, LB is a small framed 8yo and Kay is a 12yo that is as tall as her momma at 5' 2"?

I really don't see any other options aside from a possibility of using a chassis. My concern about the At-One is the grip area and LB's ability to get his finger around the trigger. So the thumb hole version would possibly be the better choice.

They have shot both of our 6.5 Creedmoor and 7mm-08 ARs, Kay has shot them all up to the 458 Socom and 358 Winchester. I am wanting to get them proficient with a bolt gun at longer ranges, enough so that this time next year they can accompany me at the deer lease and hunt along side me. I have no issues with them using an AR to shoot a deer, none whatsoever, I would like to move them over so they develop the fundamentals of a bolt gun.

I have only been a part of these kids lives for the last 2yrs and it's been just the last year they have taken an interest in hunting and shooting something other than their 22lr.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks Darryle

Well the 2 I have messed with or the magpul stock and the oryx chassis. The magpul is far easier to mount. We have one on one of our ranch rifles (loaner) it is adjustable cheek height, and LOP—fiberglass so as tough as woodpecker lips.

The oryx I have just heard it is tough to mount—and kind of pricey ..but has more of the ergonomics of a AR—so might want to look at that too.

Glad you are getting those kids out to the woods!

Thanks for the heads up on the Magpul, I think it will be perfect,

I ordered the Magpul Grey version, it was on sale, $70 cheaper than the other three, nothing a good camo hydrograpghic dip shop can't remedy or a couple rattle cans can. I had enough lefft over I bought the other 3 cheek risers and a couple of cases of Hornady Precision Hunter 103gr ELD-X for the brass and to get them to shooting.

Thanks Darryle