Ruger 10/22 or Marlin Model 60

Yote59

Looking to buy either the Ruger 10/22 or Marlin Model 60. Any advice on which of the two would be appreciated.

10/22 hands down if you ever wanna customize it.

I've owned bunches of Marlin model 60's & most were very accurate. Even when compared to the many factory 10/22's I've owned which were just as accurate.
But when I got done with my first custom 10/22 I decided then & there I was hooked! So easy, & custom parts EVERYWHERE.

10/22 hands down if you ever wanna customize it.

I've owned bunches of Marlin model 60's & most were very accurate. Even when compared to the many factory 10/22's I've owned which were just as accurate.
But when I got done with my first custom 10/22 I decided then & there I was hooked! So easy, & custom parts EVERYWHERE.

That's great to know....but is $227.00 a fair price for the 10/22? Seems a bit high to me.

I have a 10/22 and a model 60. Prefer the Ruger. While the model 60 is reliable it isn't very inspiring with its trigger and no upgrade options.

That's great to know....but is $227.00 a fair price for the 10/22? Seems a bit high to me.

You can catch them on sale for $199, but trust me, in the long run it will cost you far more than that....

I have both and like them both. The 10/22 is in a league of it's own,though. The magazine alone is worth it.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.