Ruger 10 22 or 1914 Browning 22 long rifle?

Mitz28

I'm trading an extra sony camera I have for any 22lr on craigslist, figured I would give that a shot since I don't use the thing. 2 people answered back: one is offering a stainless steel ruger 10-22 with a Bushnell scope; the other guy has a 1914 Browning 22 long rifle.

opinions on what would be the best trade?

If you like to tinker, the 10/22 for sure. There is an endless list of mods and goodies for it. You can turn it into anything from a zombie hunting mess of lights and lasers and scopes to a sleek, clean target rifle.

I can't say I have ever seen a 1914 Browning 22lr, but I imagine if it was in good useable shape or better it could be an interesting piece of history. That would be a cool addition to the collection too.

You could also look them up on gunbroker or something similar and get an idea of values, and then go for the higher $$ trade if you plan to flip it for something else.

Matt N

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.