Ruger #1 issue.

To bad I am not so sure about cross border shipping. I still have not test fired the rifle yet. Not sure how any shots I need at first it took around 200 last time 5. Got thinking today maybe a dab of JB Weld would be in order to assure it stays put.

No I have never mentioned a price you are right. I believe they are going for around 1000 Canadian used here right now but saw a guy who thought his was worth 1600. I don't know enough about them his was a #1 A not sure if that is good or bad. My rifle has the original rail and ring and an EGW rail that I put on for a better scope fit. The EGW is not the slip over one it mounts to the rifle with the original barrel studs. I would include both set ups in any case. Our dollar is worth aroud 74 to 75 cents American. Basically we are almost on par with the Peso but it is probably worth more LOL. One other small detail you have to take our Prime Minster in any deal made that is firm.

I met some Albertons this winter and they wouldn't even shake my hand when I told them my name was Justin!!!! LOL!! Thought That 'ol boy was gonna have an aneurysm!! "Ooohhh..... I don't like that name at all...." hahaha....! Made it easy to mess with folks a bit.

Last edited:
Hi wildbill,
There's a smith in southwest sask who likes working on #1s. He built my father a #1 20 years ago.
Pm me if that's close enough and you're still looking for contact info and I'll send you his info

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.