Rubber coating on stock???

upacreek

Does any aftermarket stocks have the rubber feeling that a sako finnlight has? The browning X-bolt comes close. Any others?

Hogue's claim to fame. Not sure if their stocks are any good though. I'm sure someone else can answer that.

I have one of the Hogue stocks with the full aluminum bed on my Rem 700 action Shilen barrel 264 Win mag and I really like it. It is a very accurate rifle and has held up really well over 5 years of hunting and shooting.

I have a custom barrel (#5 Lilja). How well are the stocks channeled for larger barrels. I considered the heavy barrel one, but I suspect it's for a target barrel.

My rifle has what I measure as the #4 magnum barrel and it has plenty of free floating room around the barrel on the varmint stock.

Hogue's claim to fame. Not sure if their stocks are any good though. I'm sure someone else can answer that.
My Ruger Hawkeye Alaskan .375 Ruger came with a Hogue stock from the factory. Initially I bought it so cheap I figured I'd have plenty of money to put into putting it into a laminate like Ruger has many of their models in. I specifically liked the Ruger Guide Gun Laminate stock and thought it would be a great, natural fit for it.

The more I shot it however the better I liked the Hogue and thus have left it the way I got it originally.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.