RPA Rifle

Brown Dog

Thought some of you may appreciate a couple of photos of my best pal's RPA-produced rifle that had its first 'run out' on Saturday.

My pics are not award winning; but what they are showing is:

Quadlite action
Border barrels fluted 'Archer' barrel
Jet-Z CQB moderator/suppressor
Robertson thumbhole stock.
5-15 (or thereabouts!) x 56 NXS

P1010102.jpg

P1010099cropblock.jpg

Bottom line upfront: It shot well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Overall, it was pleasing to use. But, there were a few niggles; if RPA were to ask me for feedback on their product, I would just reply: "attention to detail". [In the manner of a Sandhurst CSgt bollocking an Officer Cadet on his "lack of….."].

Same feedback to Border. The external finish of their barrels is not particularly reassuring from a Border 'QC' or 'product pride' standpoint.

Nevertheless;

The Robertson stock had absolutely excellent ergonomics; nice palm swell, head position etc….all good.

The Jet-Z was superb, compact and robust.

The NXS…very nice…..narrower FOV at x15 than my PM2 at x16 (due, I suspect, to longer eye relief on the NXS)……… give it metric clicks, a first focal plane reticule and make it in Germany, it would be OK /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

I remember that range.

Your friend must be stong he`s bent the bolt handle.

Did you have a go at the Mc. Queens?

David.

Nice! First Robertson stock i see outside of Canada! I mean, people using something else than McMillan?The world must be coming to an end /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I remember that range.

[/ QUOTE ] ....I'm a Bisley newcomer -only joined the NRA this year; but there is something 'old Empire' about the place that I already think will keep drawing me back!

[ QUOTE ]
Your friend must be stong he`s bent the bolt handle.

[/ QUOTE ] I like this shape bolt handle for a sporter; it took two of us with strong fingers! (Although you can't see it in the pics, the rifle's a drop box repeater).

[ QUOTE ]
Did you have a go at the Mc. Queens?

[/ QUOTE ] No; we just zeroed and then had a mellow shoot /chat/ cups of tea ( /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif) at 300.

There was quite a good trade show on:

My find of the trip is ammunition by HPS . Good value, and they'll load it to your spec. I had a plink with their Palma load in my rifle (155SMK over viht 140) and it shot very well. ...so much so that I brought home a couple of hundred for 'field plinking'. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

nICE RIFLE¡¡

I had a chance to see and handle ( not shoot) a quadlite at the IWA, they seem nice but to be honest my impression is that they look better on pics than in real life. As you say, a little attention to detail would make them better. What i liked is the short bolt lift.

ISn´t the Archer the button rifled - 2nd brand of Border???Maybe that´s whay they did not pay so much attention to detail? In any case that´s bad news ´cause i am waiting for a Border barrel.

Matt, I was going to ask you if you made it Bisley yet!

I was due down last weekend but things changed at the last minute.
Someone from my local club was trying to enter us in the steel shoot for .22 rifle.

Will you be going regularly now?

Do Border do the finish on the AW barrel or is it by accuracy?
Is it just paint?

Jeza

Jeza,

Yep, I think I'll be a regular....not particularly frequent though.

The AW barrel paint? I think it's an epoxy paint. I'm pretty sure Border paint the replacement barrels... I should give Graeme a shout. (something happened to yours?)

Mine is OK on the aw apart from the odd chip. Dropped it off the roof of my truck /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif etc

I was thinking more about my 300mag project rifle that I am starting to plan!

Would you mind me popping down to say hello somtime when you go to bisley?

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.