Rifle Cases

What does the shooter that has a longer than normal rifle do for a case????
What do you fellas use and where to get um???
Usually cut off the extra barrel length. Bevel the edges so when we get to where we are going, just use some JB Weld to put the extra barrel piece back on.
Is this for Airline travel???
Soft or Hard Case?
HOW LONG IS YOUR RIFLE???
If you can't find a case long enough you can take the Action/Barrel out of the Stock and put side by side.
Get a Folder Stock?
Just get a long enough case!

Had mine since 2016, works very well and still like new. the advertised internal length is 62" I believe my rifle is 65" and it still fits yes a little tight. The price may have changed some but a very well put together soft case. I can put this into a small homemade wooden case that has a sliding trap door on the end for hauling in a pickup and stacking things on it.

osoh

IMG_2530.png

I ran into the same thing while looking for a long case. I ended up getting the Pelican. Its big and heavy but I feel the rifle is protected.
I also have a smaller SKB that is very well made. Both great products. IMO

Good Luck!

Been using this recently:

It served me well on a couple of recent flights for hunting trips back home in TX. Not sure how long your rifle is, but I have the 50" case and it fits the biggest rifle I own (6.5PRC with a 26" barrel and a Area 419 4 port hellfire brake) with a little room to spare on each end). It also fits perfectly in my Pelican 1750 with enough room on the inside of the case for the rifle, a pistol, and a couple boxes of ammo, and still some room on the outside for some shooting sticks and a prefit barrel that I picked up at my gunsmith while I was in town. It was super handy being able to ditch the hard case at my parents' house and just carry around the soft case while out at the ranch.