Long soft rifle cases

Discussion in 'Equipment Discussions' started by 7mmSendaro, Jan 26, 2010.

1. 7mmSendaro

7mmSendaro Well-Known Member

I searched old threads for ideas on sources for extra long soft cases but didn't find anything recent. Anyone have a suggestion for a good soft case for a long range rifle? Shawn Carlock told me I need a case that is 54" inside for my the new Edge he is building.

The only possible case I have found so far was at Galati Int. While it is a nice case, I was hoping to spend a lot less than $270 for a soft case.

Suggestions?

2. NomadPilot

NomadPilot Well-Known Member

3. Buffalobob

Buffalobob Writers Guild

The really long case is an Ace Case. I bought one and the quality of the case is poor. It took three months to arrive (they claimed they had a fire) and it had a tear in the outside fabric which I had to repair. One seam is now torn for about 8 inches. For the price and size it has still performed well for four years.

4. 7mmSendaro

BB, I saw your posts from a couple years ago about Ace and decided against them for that reason. The case listed above looks very interesting. Thanks for your input.

5. billec300

billec300 Member

Try creedmoorsports.com they have some nice long soft cases.

6. 7mmSendaro

I spoke to John yesterday and ordered a case. I expect it to be here in the next couple days and will report on quality then. I am very impressed after talking to John, he actually makes the cases himself and has for 10 years. All this searching and what I was looking for was 100 miles away!

7. 7mmSendaro

products.htm

I just received my new case today....awesome! Beats anything I have found and price is extremely fair. Quality is very good....tight seams, heavy duty zipper, tough material. John was also great to deal with.

8. maggragg

maggragg Active Member

9. 7mmSendaro

I looked at those and they look like awesome cases, just more than I needed and\or wanted to spend. I have a really nice Pelican case for serious travel. I was looking for a nice case for trip to my local range.

10. Dr. Vette

Dr. Vette Well-Known Member