RL26 temp vs velocity results

My 2 cents. Develop your load at 90 degrees w RL26 and leave just a little velocity on the table.

Then if you plan to shoot or hunt in cold weather just resight your scope for the lower velocity when you get there.

But, what I did was build a ragged edge high velocity load in Michigan at 60 degrees and the take that to 90 degrees in Texas, and there is no help you can get doing it that way if things go wrong......

Develop in hot. Adjust scope in cold. OR have two different loads color Coded! Developed in Hot is Red.

Developed in Cold is blue.

Scope adjustment needed when you switch climates in both cases.

This applies to any powder that has temp sensitivity, not just RL 26.

have two different loads color Coded! Developed in Hot is Red.

Developed in Cold is blue.

Scope adjustment needed when you switch climates in both cases.

This applies to any powder that has temp sensitivity, not just RL 26.
This. Load to conditions. What shoots great cold don't always group good warm and Vice versa. 40F is my differentiator temp. I pretty much have Summer and Winter guns. I also have guns I know I'll be shooting from within a warm cab or blind.

What is your # of grains and what primer. I never use magnum primers in small case volumes especially as tiny as sub 50 grain like your R26 load. For accuracy 108 I was using 45.8 with my 26 inch 9 1/8 twist for a 3046 fps average.

From inside my house I take them to the bench in a cooler and keep them in the shade in the summer and in an inner coat pocket for the winter. I load long OAL near the lands making them into single shots. Recoil really whacks the front of a bullet and and when you take the time to inside and outside turn all your cases you don't want any changes from being in the magazine.

Ww brass Gm210m 45gns 2950 fps 1in8 twist 24 bbl seated fairly long as it is a long throat. Can't remember right off hand the distance to lands.