Rings for weaver bases

gapfriz

What's a good set of rings for the two piece weaver bases? I just picked up a 35 whelen that was made off a mauser 98 and it has the weaver two bases and I don't care the old style weaver rings.

Thanks
David F.

I have used Weaver dual ring, kind of a pain, Redfield, and Warne, both permanent and QD. Really like the Warne QD. Easy to mount, lever detach and repeatable accuracy.

Burris Signature Zee. Best period, bar none.

They hold my heavy Nightforce NSX on top of my sporter 338 RUM with no problem.

I can use the rings as a cheap and easy way to adjust for windage or extra elevation.

I have used Burris Zee Rings and they are good. Lately I have been using the 2 hole and 3 hole Weaver tactical style rings. They are very solid and reasonable priced. I have 30mm 3 holes on my 308 and my 243. I have a 308 ruger american that has one inch 2 hole rings.

Burris signature z-rings. I use them on most of my rifles. No lapping and no scope marks. Offset inserts can be use to give scope more vertical adjustment. Also can be use to center the scope with the bore if the receiver grind is off, like I have found with some Remington 700 actions.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.