longrange rings and bases

J E Custom

This may have already been posted but I though it needed to be just in case it hasn't.

When looking for quality mounting systems for scopes it can be tough depending
on the type of receiver and use.

On a tip from a fellow member (Autorotate) I ended a long search for a 15 MOA base
for a Weatherby MK5 when I got in touch with Richard Near of Near manufacturing.

Giving him the type and size of the scope to be used on the 15 MOA base he recommended
the Alphamount and after receiving it I understood why, It is a one piece ring setup that is
bored through all of the rings at the same time for trueness. (No reason to lap these rings).

The bases recommended were the Pro Lugs and as the name implies they have recoil
lugs that fit into the port to prevent any chance of shearing the #6 mounting screws.
The fit was perfect and The base snapped in place and the screw holes were lined up
perfectly.

I can not say enough about the quality of his product, and I try never to say anything
is the ultimate, but these rings and bases are second to none.

To access his web site log on at = www.nearmfg.com And see for yourself.

Weatherby MK5s are hard to find some parts for and I received the rings and bases 5 days
after ordering them.

This is a great product

J E CUSTOM

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.